Jedi Temple Archive
Her duties included:
- Providing reference services to members of the Jedi order
- Working with Jedi Grand Master Yoda to develop an information literacy program for all younglings
- Selecting and purchasing new materials for the collection
- Making sure no one was deleting records out of the archive
- Providing descriptive metadata for each resource
- Coordinating Inter-library loan requests
- Asking the Jedi Council for more funding
In addition to her role as the librarian, she was also a fully trained Jedi Knight.
As the Clone Wars lingered on, the Jedi Order saw a need to deploy as many Knights as possible into military service. While Jocasta was reluctant to leave her post, she accepted her appointment as a general and was placed in charge of the 791.43rd clone battalion led by Commander Dutch. The battalion was sent to the planet Halowan, which had recently been invaded by the CIS. Under Jocasta's leadership, the battalion flew their Shadow ARC-170's into the planet's central city at night. The dark color of the ships made it impossible for the battle droids to see them. Once they landed, they set up a base, but since Jocasta knew way more about libraries than military bases, she instructed the clones to include extensive book stacks and several desks in the quiet study area. She did not include a coffee shop because she didn’t feel it was appropriate for a military base. When the battle droids entered the base, they were immediately shushed and directed to the stacks, where they engaged in a lengthy gun battle with the waiting clones. Because gun battles in book stacks are awesome.